Head of Section – Customer Accounts will be responsible for overall Customer invoicing, Collections, Credit control & monitoring and maintaining accurate records and other related functions. He will coordinate with internal departments to ensure that customers are properly billed and that payments are collected on time.
1. Supervision of a team of staff to ensure the accuracy of invoicing to customers in terms of Port Tariff, relevant circulars, memos as applicable and fulfill VAT requirements.
2. Maintain up-to-date billing and ensure timely collection of payments
3. Dealing with customers in connection customer account opening, collections, Invoice related queries and their Accounts in general
4. Regular monitoring and reporting of customer accounts, credit limits, non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities;
· Monitoring of Credit limits, Security Deposits and Bank Guarantees and follow up for timely renewal of guarantees.
· Generate customer aging analysis and monitor regularly
· Periodical quantitative reports for management reporting
5. Periodical reconciliation of customer accounts, Month-end and Year-end activities for closing and comply with audit requirements.
Professionally qualified accountant with 15 years of relevant industry experience in handling customer invoicing and accounts, out of which at least 5 years should be in industry related to seaport and shipping business.
1.Should have strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
2. High level of accuracy, efficiency, accountability and attention to detail.
3. Advanced computer skills and proficiency with Oracle and/or relevant ERP software and strong capabilities in MS Office applications.
4. Conversant with the VAT requirements for the various services rendered by the Port.
Interested Candidates can share application to