About our Team:
The HR Services Team is part of the Global HR Directorate. Our purpose is to foster a fair, equitable and positive working environment and to support the University’s strategic aims by enabling our people to be the best they can be. We do this by working collaboratively with leaders, managers, and employees and aspire to create the right environment where every person can flourish and is supported to succeed. We are currently recruiting for an exceptional HR Consultant to join our Dubai team.
Purpose of Role:
- Take lead responsibility for the Recruitment of new and replacement roles for the Dubai campus in support of the University strategy
- Work with key stakeholders both internal and external to enable the University to build, shape and sustain a high-performing and agile workforce
- Ensure an excellent candidate experience from application through to onboarding and orientation.
- As a member of the Global HR Directorate and team in Dubai, contribute to the further development of the HR Service in Dubai and support other activities including employment policy reviews, reward and wider staff development agenda.
- Develop and implement in conjunction with the Global HR team and lead, OD and staff development initiatives for the Dubai Campus
- Lead the articulation and deployment of EDI strategies and initiatives in the Dubai campus ensuring that Diversity and Inclusion is embedded within every aspect of our work.
Education, Qualifications & Experience:
- Educated to first degree level or equivalent (see link for details) or equivalent practical experience in the workplace
- Competent in the use of relevant IT packages and ideally applicant tracking systems such as Oracle or Taleo
- Proven relevant experience as a recruiter, either from a recruitment agency or from an in-house team, across the recruitment lifecycle from understanding job descriptions to writing compelling advertising and managing from planning to delivery of key talent, where you would have had success in targeting both passive and active candidates (experience in HE sector would be beneficial)
- Good knowledge and understanding of relevant legal, statutory and governance frameworks and turning them into good practice
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and presentation skills, able to understand and communicate complex issues effectively
- Demonstrable ability to work quickly, flexibly and accurately in a dynamic, changing and pressured environment
- Experience of working closely with stakeholders across all levels of the organisation, delivering excellent customer service.
- Ability to research, analyse and present complex information effectively with good attention to detail
- High-level organisational and project management skills with the ability to prioritise and juggle multiple recruitment projects at once
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Professional Qualification or membership of Professional body (where applicable)
- Experience of working in Higher Education or similar knowledge-based industry
- Experience with Social Media tools in building recruitment campaigns
- Experience of operating in a complex global environment
At Heriot-Watt we understand that being diverse makes us better which is why we support a culture of respect and equal opportunity, and value diversity at the heart of what we do. We want to increase the diversity of our workplace to underpin a dynamic and creative environment.
The appointment is conditional upon successful completion of all Labour and Immigration formalities, and the start date will need to be delayed if the employment visa is not in place.